CONDITIONS OF CONTRACT
No condition or stipulations, which are attached to the buyer’s form of order, and which are inconsistent with these terms or which add to or modify them in any way, shall have any effect, unless expressly accepted in writing by a Director of the Company at the time of acknowledgement of each separate order. In the absence of such acceptance, the buyer shall be deemed to have withdrawn or waived his conditions or stipulations and to contract solely on these terms.
PRICES AND VARIATION
- All prices quoted or listed by the Company, are based on the prices of the company’s suppliers at the time of quotation listing. These are subject to adjustment prior to despatch to cover any increase in such prices, or in taxation or duty which might take place prior to delivery, such prices are exclusive of packing, carriage and VAT.
- Where goods are to be imported, the Company reserves the right to vary the price quoted, to reflect the rate of exchange for the purchase of the relevant currency in pounds sterling.
Special quotations at variance from our current PRICE LISTS, and variances from these Terms and Conditions of Trading, shall only be valid if in writing and signed by an authorised official of the Company ORDERS Orders should be in writing. Verbal orders will be accepted, but the customer will be responsible for any errors of description or quantity, or date of delivery in goods supplied there under.
Orders should be in writing. Verbal orders will be accepted, but the customer will be responsible for any errors of description or quantity, or date of delivery in goods supplied there under.
Handling / carriage charges: UK mainland – £15 for orders under £100.00 net. Rest of the UK / World – £40 for orders under £200.00 net.
Rest of the world – all orders handled as EX-WORKS (Customer to arrange all onward collection / deliveries.)
- After acceptance, orders shall not be subject to cancellation or alteration, except with the agreement of the Company in writing and signed by an authorised official.
- Cancellation of orders for goods specially made to customers specifications, cannot be accepted.
- Cancellation or alteration charges may be applicable, to cover the cost of our administration.
In order to avoid delay, goods up to the value of £250, can be despatched upon receipt of a completed and signed METWAY credit application form. For orders which exceed this value, it will be necessary to ask for the difference on account. Credit applications are only accepted on the METWAY credit application forms which can be posted upon request.
While the Company will use its best endeavours to meet any stated delivery dates, time shall not be the essence of the contract and the Company shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever, resulting directly or indirectly from late delivery.
- All prices are ex works, and all or any costs of delivery will be charged to the buyer, unless otherwise stated under the terms of the contract, or at time of order. Goods will be consigned by post, or road transport, to an address in the United Kingdom, specified by the buyer in writing.
- In the event of non-deliver, the buyer must notify the Company (i) in the case of non-delivery, within the United Kingdom, within 7 days of notification of despatch, or receipt of invoice, whichever is the earlier (ii) In the case of overseas non-delivery, within 14 days of notification of despatch, or receipt of invoice, whichever is the earlier. Otherwise, a claim cannot be made on the carriers for loss in transit, if we are not so advised, the consignee will be deemed to be responsible for the loss
- Every care is taken in checking goods In the event of shortage or damage, the buyer must notify the Company within 3 days of receipt of goods, the packages and the contents must be retained for carriers inspection where necessary
- Payment is strictly 30 days Net, unless otherwise agreed in writing and signed by a director of the company.
- If payment is not made in accordance with the agreed terms, the buyer shall be deemed to be in default of payment and the Company shall be entitled without prejudice to any other rights it may have to charge interest at the rate of 8% above the Bank of England base rate, from time to time in force, until the amount owing is paid in full. The Company reserves the right to charge the buyer for any legal costs involved in connection with the recovery of outstanding amounts due.
- Failure to make due payment of deliveries, under these terms, or any other contract between the buyer and the Company, shall entitle the Company to delay, suspend, or cancel deliveries in whole or in part at its option, or withdraw account facilities. 4. If account facilities are withdrawn, then all outstanding invoices will immediately fall due for payment, and a demand as such will be made at the time of withdrawal of these facilities
- If account facilities are withdrawn, then all outstanding invoices will immediately fall due for payment, and demand as such will be made at the time of withdrawal of these facilities.
RETENTION OF TITLE
- The property and title to the goods shall remain with the Company, until such time as all sums owing for and in respect of the goods have been received from the buyer by the Company
- Until such time, the buyer is required to store the goods in such a way, that they clearly remain the property of the Company.
We cannot accept the return of goods unless our prior consent has first been obtained, and the goods are returned to us in their original boxes or cartons, and in an unused condition. We reserve the right to make a 40% handling charge, min £40, which ever is the greater, to cover our administration costs, should this be necessary.
- All specifications, drawings and particulars of weights, dimensions, capacity or other details are approximate only. Specific details can be confirmed on request.
- We shall make every effort to ensure the accuracy of technical details relating to our goods but we accept no liability in contract or tort or under statute or otherwise for any damages or injury arising directly or indirectly from any error or omission in such technical details whether caused by our negligence or otherwise.
- The Company reserves the right to amend and/or improve designs at any time without notice.
- We shall use our best endeavours to provide you with general advice about our goods.
- The responsibility for ensuring that goods are sufficient and suitable for your requirements is your sole responsibility.
All prices are Ex Works.
Metway will not accept responsibility for connections made between its connectors and other unapproved manufacturers connectors. For details of approved connectors contact Metway.